Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
LET’S INDULGE OURSELVES INTO PLEASURES LIFE BRINGS!
And as for me, my Top 5 indulgences to date are..
1. Magazines– The reason why I’m excited to looking forward to a new month!
2. Coffee and tea-Coffee is a staple.Well, thanks to my friend Bernadette for always convincing me to go to Starbucks. We are coffee druggies. Teabags are also essential. I particularly love Earl Grey. And I usually drink tea whenever I’ feel like relaxing or I want to get into the mood of a “pretty lady in an afternoon tea party.”
3. Pizza– Bernadette and I could chow down 1 whole box of pizza each. Our Grandma also usually brings 2 boxes of pizza whenever she comes over to the house for a visit.
4. Sales! -Wag-wag and ukay-ukay galore! You can’t help but to buy some dainty clothes like Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy shirts and cardigans and others especially if they are only for 10 pesos or $0.23. Mama is already chewing me out for having too much clothes. Well, I can’t blame her because I have 2 months old pile of clothes in my laundry baskets)
5. Oldies songs– I’ve been filling my playlist with oldies for the past months. Usually, they are from 30s-70s era like the songs of Andrew’s Sisters, Billie Holiday, Nat King Cole, Everly Brothers, The Beatles, and Bread. I guess it was a relief for Daddy because before, whenever I play songs from Billboard’s Hot 100 hits or Dance Club hits, he would cavil and ask me to turn them off. Since I started playing them, I haven’t heard any complaints from him and even asked me to save them in his MP3 playlist.
what about yours?