Oh yes! I’m back to sketching dresses again. All I have been making lately are caricatures and other portraiture types. I know making those were making my imagination quite limited because the clients or I have a set design on mind. Unlike fashion designing where you can freely do whatever style you like. I thinks I also had a “designer’s block” that’s why I used my scanty creative juice on another genre of drawing. Nevertheless, doing portraiture and fashion sketching are both fun to do. I wish the drive to do more of both would be on equal levels. I missed doing another of my first loves. xxx
While nursing my uncle in the Surgery Ward ICU, I have been sketching to kill time. I ran out of new designs so I needed to look for inspiration from the things around me. The first 2 things I have decided that would make a good design are–asepto syringe and the sphygmonanometer.haha
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
LET’S INDULGE OURSELVES INTO PLEASURES LIFE BRINGS!
And as for me, my Top 5 indulgences to date are..
1. Magazines– The reason why I’m excited to looking forward to a new month!
2. Coffee and tea-Coffee is a staple.Well, thanks to my friend Bernadette for always convincing me to go to Starbucks. We are coffee druggies. Teabags are also essential. I particularly love Earl Grey. And I usually drink tea whenever I’ feel like relaxing or I want to get into the mood of a “pretty lady in an afternoon tea party.”
3. Pizza– Bernadette and I could chow down 1 whole box of pizza each. Our Grandma also usually brings 2 boxes of pizza whenever she comes over to the house for a visit.
4. Sales! -Wag-wag and ukay-ukay galore! You can’t help but to buy some dainty clothes like Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy shirts and cardigans and others especially if they are only for 10 pesos or $0.23. Mama is already chewing me out for having too much clothes. Well, I can’t blame her because I have 2 months old pile of clothes in my laundry baskets)
5. Oldies songs– I’ve been filling my playlist with oldies for the past months. Usually, they are from 30s-70s era like the songs of Andrew’s Sisters, Billie Holiday, Nat King Cole, Everly Brothers, The Beatles, and Bread. I guess it was a relief for Daddy because before, whenever I play songs from Billboard’s Hot 100 hits or Dance Club hits, he would cavil and ask me to turn them off. Since I started playing them, I haven’t heard any complaints from him and even asked me to save them in his MP3 playlist.
what about yours?